Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The "Reliability Run" Dual-Sport Ride
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reliability Run 2017

Reliability Run 2017 7 years 6 months ago #1404

• erickz
  • Fresh Boarder
Any thoughts when the event will be held in 2017? What are the rules for the motorcycle prep? Street legal? Sound limit?
Thanks
EZ
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reliability Run 2017 7 years 6 months ago #1406

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi, Erick. Thank you for the inquiry. 2017 dates to be announced soon.

Bike prep primarily consists of a "reasonably" street-legal machine. The OVBSAOC does not perform tech inspection, but rather leaves it up to the participant to utilize a machine which is acceptable to law enforcement authorities. Functioning lights, quiet exhaust, a plate, and insurance should have you in good stead no matter what you ride.

Hope to see you next year!
Yes, the Avatar image is an actual picture of me - back when I was younger and handsomer.

Reliability Run 2017 7 years 1 month ago #1470

• OhioTed
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
The important thing to remember about The Reliability Run is that it is set up for any rider to enjoy, on any bike. We do this by making all trail sections "optional".

So, the primary route is always a great combination of back roads - paved, dirt, and gravel, but with turn-offs for more-challenging trail sections.

So as indicated below, bring out whatever bike you have and enjoy a terrific experience. But, do wear a helmet - it's required. ;)

dualsport-vintage.jpg
Never met a motorcycle I didn't like.

Reliability Run 2017 7 years 1 month ago #1471

• OhioTed
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
It has begun. This past Sunday Clark and I began layout work on 2017's Reliability Run Dual Sport Ride. We took a long walk in the woods, checking out brand new trail.

A very important part of our efforts in the wilderness is continual cleanup. Clark was an environmentalist long before the term was ever invented. Here he picks up aluminum cans, carelessly tossed into the pristine woods by inconsiderate intruders.

Our walks are also a history lesson. This part of Ohio is rich in clay soil, and as result was once one the world's largest producers of ceramic products. Near the remnants of an old dwelling Clark found this brick. The initials stand for Great Western Fire Clay Company. Clark believes his grandfather may have been involved with the business.

And while retracing our steps from furthest point out on our trek, Clark and I spotted a Coyote so large, for a moment I thought it was a Wolf. Oh, and he was tracking us. ; )
Never met a motorcycle I didn't like.

Reliability Run 2017 7 years 1 month ago #1476

• clarkthespark
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
What happen to the brick? Can you post a picture? I have a few bricks that say "Toronto" on them. I wonder if they're worth anything beside door stops?

Reliability Run 2017 6 years 11 months ago #1490

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 15
ReliabilityRunflyer-JPEG.jpg
Yes, the Avatar image is an actual picture of me - back when I was younger and handsomer.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds