Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The "Reliability Run" Dual-Sport Ride

TOPIC: preparations for the 2015 event

preparations for the 2015 event 9 years 3 months ago #989

• OhioTed
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Father of the Reliability Run, Clark Francy, never finishes work on the RR course(s). He in fact works year-round on, new routes, trail maintenance, planning, and coordinating with land owners for ever-more access to trails and abandoned Township Roads.

Case in point, after some reconnaissance of a real nice trail run through Schultz' woods, Clark formulated a plan to improve a couple of nasty mud holes. A good dual-sport ride is supposed to be fun for everyone, so too nasty of trail obstacles can really spoil the day for riders on larger and/or heavier and/or vintage bikes. Some mud & water - ok. Bottomless mud holes - not good.

Anyway, Clark and his team have since cleared an obstruction in the creek which was continually feeding several mud holes, filled in the holes somewhat, and even built a bridge for an alternative line. So, the mud holes are still there for those riders who desire a little more fun, but are now more navigable, plus with at least one way around them.

Next up, with the help of club member Chad Bell, Clark is formulating an entire new "southern section" for the RR course, with many more trails, and a very interesting surprise - should everything work out.

Stay tuned, as Clark has lots of tricks up his sleeve to provide upcoming awesome rides for all of us.
Never met a motorcycle I didn't like.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

preparations for the 2015 event 9 years 3 months ago #994

• firebirdman
  • Junior Boarder
That firebird scrambler of mine pretty heavy,especily if you get stuck in that Ohio mud. Do you think I have any trouble on that run with the Firebird, or maybe I shold bring something smaller. My neighber got a TT500 Yamaha he let me ride it sometime. Maybe it be better. What do you advice?

preparations for the 2015 event 9 years 2 months ago #1025

• OhioTed
  • Platinum Boarder
FBM, we have the perfect ride for you. You see, the Reliability Run is basically every interesting back road we can find, with an emphasis on "unpaved" throughout Jefferson County. Ah, but here and there is an optional trail section.

So, have a capable, street-legal, off-road-ish bike? Great! Head down the road sections and then turn off onto the trails.

On the other hand, have a vintage bike, big adventure bike, or just don't want the added challenge of the trails? Just stay on the main route and enjoy an awesome romp around some of the best dirt, gravel, and paved back roads you'll find anywhere.

No matter the bike or the rider, we've got a fun ride for you.

preparations for the 2015 event 9 years 2 months ago #1026

• OhioTed
  • Platinum Boarder
Right up until the first of this week, the weather in SE Ohio has been mild enough for us to continue working on the Reliability Run pretty regularly.

Here's some pics of a great section of property a friend is setting us up with to use for the very first time this year. Check it out. This is going to be great!

Craig1.JPG

Craig4.JPG

Craig5.JPG

Craig8.JPG

preparations for the 2015 event 9 years 2 months ago #1027

• OhioTed
  • Platinum Boarder
Even into the first of January, Clark Francy and Chad Bell were out and about in the pouring rain (in Chad's Jeep), checking out even more brand new routes and trails. Doesn't this look great?

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

preparations for the 2015 event 9 years 2 months ago #1035

• clarkthespark
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Ted, you left out the picture where the route crosses that creek (where the jeep is parked). How come?
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds