Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Look what I just got

Look what I just got 10 years 7 months ago #639

• Kent Shaun
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Been looking for one of these for a while, and just like that, I've got me one...

This is a 1942 bike, the lad selling it advertised it as a 1940, and the paperwork says it's a 47..! But with a little bit of work, I've found out it is indeed a 42 machine, I'm hoping to find it was used in the War, but that might prove a tad harder..? In the meantime, this is the badge that the shop put on...

Claude Rye was shop a chum used in the 50's & 60's, he remembers that the M20's were all stored along a wall, and in 'Military' trim they were £20 but if you took the painted ones, which were mostly Silver and Black, they were sold for £25. Make me wonder if I will be getting £25 worth of enjoyment out of the bike..?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Look what I just got 10 years 7 months ago #640

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 15
Wow, that is super nice, Kent. What a prize. We've got a local OVBSAOC member who rides the livin' heck out of his.
Yes, the Avatar image is an actual picture of me - back when I was younger and handsomer.

Look what I just got 10 years 7 months ago #642

• Kent Shaun
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Webmaster my man, worry not for once I've got this right, I too will be riding the living heck out of it, I had a go of my mate's one, and BOY was it comfortable..! And very entertaining watching that headlight bounce up and down, just got to remove all the civilian stuff, then get it back into Army trim, and away I go...

Watch this space.. ;)

Look what I just got 10 years 7 months ago #643

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 15
Speaking of M20 performance, I was chasing Bob Wark on his during one of the OVBSAOC Dinner Runs last year and clocked him at 65 mph. When I could, I crept up behind Bob on a straight stretch and stood on the pegs of my bike to peer over his shoulder. Seeing no speedo mounted there, I hollered over to Bob his mph achievement. He laughed out loud and said, "That's a new record!" Big fun!
Yes, the Avatar image is an actual picture of me - back when I was younger and handsomer.

Look what I just got 10 years 7 months ago #646

• Lee
  • Fresh Boarder
What a great piece of machinery. Class.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds