Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ossa

ossa 9 years 2 months ago #1024

• smith
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I have always like the spanish trials bikes ,this one completes the series as I have owned all the 3 major brands with this one
yes bike came with 2 engines,the correct one in the frame was left outside w/o the head so you can guess the condition of that one,the second one was a stilletto TT engine which with exception of a close ratio trans,lighter flywheel and thinner head gasket was the same as the MAR,I swapped out the CR trans (each gear ratio began w 1:) for the WR from the MAR along with the heavier flywheel and thicker head gasket,and can you believe it the Motoplat ignition :woohoo: worked!,sold the trans along with a bunch of other parts to finance the rest,still need a seat but I got a good peice from another project that should work just fine
if this was easy,everyone would do it
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ossa 9 years 2 months ago #1038

• clarkthespark
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
That's hard to believe those were the only differences between the Stiletto and the MAR models engines. Wonder where the Pioneer engine fit in here? Maybe heavy flywheels and close ration gears???? Who knows. Osa made some nice looking on/off road bikes

ossa 9 years 2 months ago #1040

• smith
  • Senior Boarder
yeah,I was real surprised when I took the 2 apart,port timing looks the same and there seems to be little difference between them other than the ignition ,head gasket and gearing,looking forward to getting it out and playing in the woods on it

ossa 9 years 2 months ago #1043

• clarkthespark
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Can't wait to see it. I suppose you'll bring it down to Toronto to play around on, right?

ossa 9 years 2 months ago #1056

• smith
  • Senior Boarder
that's the plan,should fit on the rack behind the hotel ford with my 250 triumph
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds