Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Piledriver

The Piledriver 6 years 1 month ago #1541

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 15
In years past, Bud Kubena hosted a series of organized rides, called The Pile Drivers. At their peak, these rides attracted as many as 100 participants.

Here's a shot taken from one of them.

Piledriver.jpg
Yes, the Avatar image is an actual picture of me - back when I was younger and handsomer.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Webmaster.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Piledriver 6 years 1 month ago #1545

• clarkthespark
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
I think I recognize that scene. Is it on U.S. 40 east of Uniontown, Penna? My brother and me went on that ride one time many years back. Wish they would still have it. The scenery was great and they had some good food, too.

The Piledriver 4 years 6 months ago #1606

• firebirdman
  • Junior Boarder
I wonder why they quit having that ride? It couldn't be that much work to put something like that on. I mean you got to pick a route then ride it to check for any problems. Also look for somewhere to stop and eat, and then make arrangements with the owners. Finally, get some coffee and donuts for the riders before the start. What's the big deal?

The Piledriver 11 months 3 weeks ago #1668

• Launchman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I was privileged to go on a few of the Pyledriver runs. Many thanks to the Kubenas for their work and hospitality! Do not underestimate the work that goes into planning a route and lining-up a food venue (like the Tradesman) that can handle a deluge of 120 or so people on a Sunday afternoon. Even the liability issues of leading a ride of 100 or so mostly old bikes with minimal traffic control and a variety of skill levels. I miss the event, and would encourage firebirdman to put together a ride.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds