|
Welcome,
Guest
|
|
|
Every year around this time I have the same argument with myself, and this year I want to settle it with some real opinions. My Mazda 3 is five years old and the battery is the original one. It still starts fine, but last week on a very hot afternoon it paused for a second before the engine caught, and that tiny pause made me nervous. I work near the World Trade Centre, so the car sits in the sun for hours, and my cousin says the heat is what quietly kills batteries before you ever notice a problem. My plan was to wait until it fails, but my wife thinks that is a silly way to save money. I had a look around for a Trusted Varta 60Ah battery shop near World Trade Centre, mostly to see what a fair price would be, but every page said the same thing, so I learned nothing useful. Now I am stuck in the middle. Is it better to change a battery that still works, or wait for a clear sign? What signs should I look for, like slow cranking, dim lights or a clicking sound? Does a shop test really tell you how much life is left, or can a battery pass and still fail the next week? Is 60Ah the right size for a compact car like mine, and how do I check that myself? Also, what happens to the old battery, do shops give you anything for it? And if I change it now, should I ask them to check the alternator too? If you changed yours before it failed, please tell me why you did it and if you felt it was worth it. If you waited and got stuck, I would like to hear that story too. Easy answers help me most.
|
|
The administrator has disabled public write access.
|
|
