Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Ohio Valley BSA Owners Club forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: John Havel

John Havel 7 years 6 months ago #1403

• Launchman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
:( In June of '86, the largest station wagon I have ever seen turned left in front of me on my '68 Shooting Star. We both suffered significant damage. After I was mostly healed I started working on the Shooting Star. Most of the repairs were within my range, but the forks were the show-stopper.

A friend pointed me in John Havel's direction. I called him up and told him my problem. He invited me to bring the forks to his house for a look. With little fuss, and an "I know how to fix this" grin, he drove a swage down the lower fork legs. On assembly, the forks worked like new.

John never asked me for a thing, which is good because I was out of work and pretty low on reserves. I still have the bike. It runs well, and it even served me as daily transportation for awhile when I lived on an island in the Florida Keys.

If we all pay it forward a bit we can keep our hobby alive for the next generation.

Thank you John. You will be missed.
ScottishGames_02.JPG
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Webmaster

John Havel 7 years 5 months ago #1405

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 15
Excellent story and tribute to Mr. Havel, LM. Thank you for sharing.
Yes, the Avatar image is an actual picture of me - back when I was younger and handsomer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds