Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Ohio Valley BSA Owners Club forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1970 lightning y-bike

1970 lightning y-bike 10 years 6 months ago #674

• rdmchief
  • Fresh Boarder
:) Hello, I have been an old bike guy for over40 years. I am 60 years old and still ride a 46 Indian I got when I was 18. I recently purchased a 1970 Lightning and though I have been a "wrench bender" as long as I can remember, I am new to British iron. It appears to have been taken apart for a repaint some years ago and never got back together. I got the bike running but it is missing several original small parts. Is this something I need to purchase new from suppliers or are good used original parts available here from members? Please forgive me if I am speaking out of turn or improperly. I just don't know how to get the ball rolling. Thanks in advance to all who respond. I am in the Dayton, Ohio area. Popeye
The administrator has disabled public write access.

1970 lightning y-bike 9 years 1 month ago #1110

• clarkthespark
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
If I'm not wrong, your 1970 model was painted a shade of blue. Very pretty bike. What parts are you needing? If you look around, you can find a lot of the parts at swap meets, but you have to be patient. POst on here the parts you are looking for, and maybe someone can help you out.

1970 lightning y-bike 9 years 1 month ago #1114

• OhioTed
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Lots of stuff available on eBay. If you're not already a devotee, get on there.
Never met a motorcycle I didn't like.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds